Saturday, October 30, 2010

Six degrees of separation?

Earl Pinkley and Gladys True Pinkley with one of their sons
Hmm....let's see..

I was going through Ancestry.com, looking for links to my relatives.  I was working on the Bottomley family.  My Grandma Nichols's grandmother (my 2nd great grandmother) was Ann Bottomley (1843-1933).

Ann's brother, Seth Bottomley (1838-1912), had a daughter Anna, who married Sturtevant (Steve) True.  The Trues moved to Eureka Springs, Arkansas area in the early 1900's.  Their daughter, Gladys True married Earl Pinkley, who just happens to be the uncle of one of my husband's friends, who we met here when we moved to Eureka Springs.  Chuck's friend even sent me a family photo!

So...that makes me the 3rd cousin 1x removed of my husband's friend's first cousins....

No comments:

Post a Comment