Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Elizabeth Ketchum Bremner (1873-1960)



(Relationship to me:  First Cousin 2x removed in law)

Elizabeth Ann Ketchum was the third child of John and Frances Ketchum.  Born in St. Francois County in 1873, she married George T. Bremner in July 1901 in Farmington.  In 1917, George and Lizzie were living in St. Louis and  George was a foreman for American Railway Express.  Probate files for John Ketchum showed that Lizzie and George bought part of his land on a warranty for deed.  George is shown as a farmer in Liberty Township in the 1920, and he owned the farm without a mortgage.  George and Lizzie had two children, Noel, born in 1902, and Dorothy, born in 1905. 

Noel Bremner married Bertha Marie Bess in Farmington in 1924.  They were living in New Lisbon, Stoddard County, Missouri in the 1930 census with two sons.  Noel was noted to be a farmer, renting his home.  Noel and Bertha had a daughter, Patricia, who died as an infant from colitis and meningitis at the age of 14 months.  She is buried in Knob Lick Cemetery.

George Bremner died in 1954 and Elizabeth in 1960.  On his death certificate, George's occupation is listed as "locksmith."  His cause of death was chronic myocarditis.  By the time Elizabeth died in 1960, their son Noel had moved to Iowa Falls, Iowa.  Noel died in December 1983 in Cedar Falls, Iowa.  Noel's son George died in 2007 in San Diego, California at the age of 81.  I haven't found a record of his other son's death.   A public records search indicates that he was living in Cedar Falls in the 1960's, and was a doctor.

Lizzie and George's daughter, Dorothy, married Leo Oelger.  They resided in Overland, Missouri, on the outskirts of St. Louis.  Dorothy died in Overland in 1990.  Dorothy and Leo had six children, but I have not yet found records of their names.




3 comments:

  1. I came across your blog by chance tonight. I was searching for some infomation on my family. I read this part about Dorthy and Leo Oelger having six children. I am their granddaughter and I can assure you they only had three children all boys. My dad was one of them.
    I also saw where you only found information on one of Noel and Bertha Bremner's sons. They had the six children.One died as a baby Patricia, then there was Dr.Robert, Rear Admiral Bruce, Elizabeth (Isaac), John "Barron" and George W."Bill".
    The quotes are what the family called them.
    I found this obituary for Barron.

    https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/desmoinesregister/obituary.aspx?n=john-barron-bremner&pid=155924037

    Dr. Robert Bremner
    https://wcfcourier.com/lifestyles/announcements/obituaries/in-loving-memory-dr-robert-noel-bremner/article_0e14f3d3-0738-5d40-b7bd-29f7eab7808c.html


    Their Father Noel Bremner
    https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/66045471/noel-bremner

    Noel's sister Dorothy (My grandma, My dad's mom)
    https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/55577412/dorothy-a.-oelger

    I would love to talk with you more about this. I have a cousin who has done some extensive family research as well. He might have some information on the Ketchum side. Not sure but I'll ask him. You can email me at cherio84@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my Father's family. I would like to talk more with you. My email is cherio84@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorothy Bremner (Oelger) was my grandmother.

    ReplyDelete